Bitten by a woman unknown status...

Hello Doc.. I hope you are doing well. Last night I was bit by a woman of unknown status twice. Once in the shoulder that broke my shik even thought It did not tear my jacket ot tshirt. The second bite was on my bottom lip, and she did brek the skin inside my lip. How worried should I be? -Matt in Denver PS: Can you tell me how I can make payroll contributions to your foundation?

Hey Matt in Denver,

Who are you dating, Patty Piranha? She bit you on the shoulder and broke your "shik?!?" Sounds painful. What is it? And then she bit your lip too? Gosh, that little vixen Draculina sounds downright carnivorous! Your HIV risk remains negligible. (See below.) However, you might consider putting a muzzle on her before your next date, just to be on the safe side. And whatever you do, don't accept any offers from her for a blowjob! She just might go all Hanibal Lector on you and chomp it off.

Human bite Jan 3, 2007

Recently i was bitten by an hiv+ infected male. i am very anxious and i've been told the risk is low, but how low? it was during a fight and i didnt punch him before he bit me so im hoping there was no blood in is mouth.

Being bitten by an HIV-positive person exposes non-intact skin to saliva. Saliva that is contaminated with infected blood would pose an exposure risk. Saliva that is not contaminated with blood contains HIV in such low concentrations that it does not constitute an HIV transmission risk. If you are worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. However, do realize the odds are beyond astronomical that you did not get infected by chompin' Charlie, OK?

Good luck!

Swiss Student Follow Up
Is this WOO-HOOable?