Astroglide used in hiv prevention

I was told recently by a "self proclaimed" expert that Astroglide lub WILL prevent transmission of HIV from a positive man to a negative woman. (without a comdom of ANY kind) Also, if that man has a viral load that is undetectable. This man that proclaims there are studies that support this. What's up, as I think his advice is completely irresponsible!

Did you say "self proclaimed" expert or "self-deluded" idiot??? Does this guy also believe there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Bogeymen under the bed? That compassionate conservative is anything other than an oxymoron??? As it turns out, your expert is expert only in misinformation, urban legend, myth and wishful thinking. Astroglide is wonderful slippery stuff, but does not prevent transmission of STDs, including HIV. No way. No how! As for having an undetectable viral load, this will decrease the risk of HIV transmission; however, it certainly does not eliminate that risk! I agree your expert's advice is not only dead wrong, but also completely irresponsible. Should he chose to follow it, the consequences could well be catastrophic and "expertly" deadly.

Do him a favor and send him a copy of my comments.

3 day old burn on tongue not bleeding
Sorry to hear...