Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

3 day old burn on tongue not bleeding
Mar 8, 2007

Hi,

Thanks for this service, and for being so positive and unselfish in all that you do for everyone effected with HIV.

Now, here's my question. I am Mr. abstenance, not because of I am religious freak, but because I am so anxiety prone. But yesterday I deep kissed a stripper for 45 minutes. About 3 days earlier I burned the tip of my tongue with some hot soup. It was not bleeding when I kissed her, and looked almost completely healed, as there was only minimal discoloration. NO matter how hard I pressed on the burned area I could not draw blood, so I am almost certain it was not an active bleading cut. What are my risks of acquiring HIV from this 45 minute kiss? Should I get tested for HIV? What about HBV and Hep. A?

Thanks. And I have left you a nice donation.

Best regards....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

As the old song goes, "a kiss is just a kiss . . . as time goes by . . . ," even if you burned the tip of your tongue three days ago and your kiss lasts 45 minutes and the person you're playing tonsil hockey with is a skanky stripper. We didn't put all that last part in the "As Time Goes By" song lyric, as it's hard to find a rhyme for "skanky stripper."

I do not feel HIV or hepatitis testing is warranted. Certainly it's always an available option for you, but I see no medical justification for recommending it based on the information you provided.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV virus enter penis head?
Next
Astroglide used in hiv prevention

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.