Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV virus enter penis head?
Mar 8, 2007

How easy can hiv virus enter your penis head? Can you wash it with acohol or Listerine right after sex or squeeze the head so the acohol can enter your penis to kill the virus? If this method will not work, will it be effective at all? I had unprotected sex last 3 times with 3 different ladies and I cleaned myself well after each sex, in the last 10 months, I started develop post nasal drip last 4 months, then some cough, I developed also white or yellow patch on my tongue, I suspect that might be mucus from the mucus drips. I analyse myself everyday and I think I might have HIV virus. I am not afraid of death contract but I have 3 small children and a kind-hearted wife. I am afraid that I might infect her, we have not involved in sex since July (7 months ago). I noticed my thighs also developed some red bumps, 1 or 2 large bumps on my chest appeared and disappeard in 3-4 days. I also have stiff neck and some pimple on my face near the sideburns. The post nasal drip also effected on my wife so I am so afraid she is infected as well. My son has has asthma and little 2 years old girl has sinus as well. I tested 2 years ago was negative. I don't know if the hospital tested my little girl for HIV before she was released from new born. I am so stressed out. I think a CHEATER like myself deserved the consequence. It's hard for me not to fantasize about sex. I control myself and pray everyday to GOD but still addicted to sex. I think this is an awakening bell for me to focus in my family. I am so stressed out. I just opened 2 more million dollars like restaurant and investment companies, both businesses are doing so well. We are making more money in our life than ever. I don't want the LORD to take me at this time because I now LOVE my family, so deeply that I could sacrify anything to bring our health back. I am so afraid of going to test because WHAT WILL HAPPEN if my analysis about my HIV are right? Please give me some care and answer this posting. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

In general HIV is not all that easy to contract! For instance, the estimated per-act statistical risk for acquiring the virus from unprotected insertive vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. If the HIV status of the partner is not known, that estimated statistical risk decreases significantly.

As for squeezing the head of your tallywhacker so alcohol or Listerine can enter it in hopes of killing the virus, all I can say is OUCHAMAGOUCHA! Not only would this not be an effective means of HIV prevention; it would also hurt like hell! If you want to prevent HIV, use a latex condom, not a liquid breath freshener!

Regarding your symptoms (and those of your family), these are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) or HIV disease.

My advice:

1. Get an HIV test three months or more after your last potential HIV exposure.

2. Use a latex condom and water-based lubricant for all penetrative sex.

3. Get counseling for your "sex addition" problem.

4. Level with your wife about your problem and your indiscretions. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt and anxiety surrounding this entire issue; it's also the right thing to do. Use latex condoms with your wife until your HIV tests confirm your negative status (three months or more after your last potential exposure).

I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test will be negative.

Good luck.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Just a comment doc
Next
3 day old burn on tongue not bleeding

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.