Chompin' Charlie (human bite)

Hello Doctor, Thank you for your response to my question in January. 3 month test came back negative for HIV/Hep C. my doc in England said i should have another test for both at the 6 month mark. my doc in Canada said said thats not warranted. i know you say the 3-month is conclusive is that for both HIV and Hep C? if you wondered my parents split which is why i have the 2 doctors. thank you, your a true champion to anyone touched in one way or another by HIV

Welcome back to the forum. I agree with your Canadian doctor. Now it's two against one! My advice remains unchanged. I'll reprint your original Chompin' Charlie post and my response below.

Congratulations on your negative test, even though I anticipated nothing less.

Human bite (Jan 3, 2007)

Recently i was bitten by an hiv+ infected male. i am very anxious and i've been told the risk is low, but how low? it was during a fight and i didnt punch him before he bit me so im hoping there was no blood in is mouth.

Being bitten by an HIV-positive person exposes non-intact skin to saliva. Saliva that is contaminated with infected blood would pose an exposure risk. Saliva that is not contaminated with blood contains HIV in such low concentrations that it does not constitute an HIV transmission risk. If you are worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. However, do realize the odds are beyond astronomical that you did not get infected by chompin' Charlie, OK?

Good luck!

My meds cost too much!!
Can I get HIV from dried spit inserted in anus?