My meds cost too much!!

i currently take novir,reyataz and truvda. these meds are very effective in keeping my viral undetectable, but they are very expensive. if i decide to take these meds every other day as oppose to everyday would that have an effect my undetectable status?

Hey,

Yes, most likely it would! Taking your medications only every other day is a very, very bad idea! It would promote the possibility of developing drug resistance. This, in turn, can have very serious consequences and severely limit your options for effective therapy in the future. I urge you in the strongest possible terms not to take this risk. If you are having difficulty paying for your medication, talk to your HIV specialist. He may be able to help or at least refer you to an HIV-knowledgeable benefits counselor who might be able to help you qualify for state or federal assistance. Alternatively, you might be eligible for a clinical trial in which your mediations, lab tests and physician visits are paid for by the clinical trial. There are creative ways to try to decrease your medication costs. However, taking your meds every other day should never even be considered as an option.

Good luck!

scared to death
Chompin' Charlie (human bite)