Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

she gave me a blow job and it looks like she gave me hiv
Mar 7, 2007

hi doc i have written to u more than 7 times with no answer please doc answer me this time stress is killing me doc a woman gave me a blow job and we kissed i know oral carries a low risk for tranmission but low risk does int mean no risk i belive she gave me hiv because 3 weeks later i experienced muscle aches swollen glands swollen back knee and my body feeling hot chest back and face i think it was a fever but i did not check but i was boiling and i had a sore thraot for 2 days it all went after 1 week except the swollen back knee now that is ars?now i know u say a person should not judge by symptoms but most likely in my case the evedenice is there i will be getting tested next month it will be 6 months since my exposer i need u to tell me what is the best medication out there for hiv i live a weathy life and i can afford medication for hiv and please tell me how i can donate to your foundation i really hope u will respone your help is really needed here thank u for your time.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You may feel the "evedenice" in your case suggests you contracted HIV from an unprotected blowjob. However, I do not! Once again I'll remind you that symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. I see no reason you should be searching for information about the best medications for HIV when the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your oral sexperience.

If you are concerned about HIV, your next step is to get an HIV test three months or more after your last potential exposure. (If you want to wait for the six-month mark, that's totally up to you.) I'm willing to bet your definitive HIV test will be negative. So for now, let's hold off on the discussion of what medications to consider, OK?

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your desire to help others in need. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test will be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Why Should I test?
Next
Very Worried Wife

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.