Kills HIV virus?

Dr. Franscino,

Its great to be back and ask you a few more questions. I thank you for your sympathy and support toward people with HIV.

I have been reading for quite some time that colloidal silver reportedly disables the enzyme that one-celled bacteria, viruses and fungi need for their oxygen metabolism. They suffocate without corresponding harm occurring to human enzymes or parts of the human body chemistry. The result is the destruction of disease-causing organisms in the body and in the food. Though, there is a debate of what concentration does actually kill the virus.

I know pharmaceutical companies dont want to hear this (too much money involved), and of course Doctors are bombarded with pharmaceutical reps giving them the "latest and best" drug out there and inviting them to dinner meetings and so on. So basically, when doctors see a symptom, they prescribe the medicine that Pharm reps trained them on.

My question to you is, how truthful is that colloidal silver kills HIV? Has the medical industry tested it before discarding it? Or is this something that the medical community is not interested in due to loss of patients?

I fervently await your response.

Jean

Hi Jean,

I haven't changed my opinion on this since the last time I mentioned it in these forums. (See below.)

Having just returned form a major HIV/AIDS conference in Los Angeles, I can assure you there is no new information to support the use of colloidal silver in HIV-positive folks. As for the medical community not being interested due to "loss of patients," I, for one, would not recommend unproven therapies for exactly that reason. However, you and I may be defining "loss" somewhat differently!

unproven (Aug 23, 2006)

My friend knows a doctor who performs collidial silver injections. I was shown the results on a few patients who had low cd4s and viral loads. although this is not fda approved what do you think?

thanks, mike

Hello Mike,

What do I think?

I think colloidal silver injections are a very bad and potentially dangerous alternative therapy. To my knowledge there is not a shred of scientific evidence that supports using this product for HIV/AIDS. The reason the FDA hasn't approved it is because it doesn't work.

Mike, this is definitely a case of "buyer beware." I'd avoid the stuff like the plague.

What to work on next.
lipoatrophy AND lipohypertrophy what meds should I be using to alleviate this???