Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

BREAKING THE NEWS
Mar 6, 2007

I AM A POSITIVE LADY AND MY BOYFRIEND IS NEGATIVE,WE HAVE BEEN HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX AND NOW HE WANTS US TO GO FOR A TEXT TO KLNOW OYR STATUS BECAUSE HE WANTS A CHILD AND WANTS US TO GET MARRIED. HOW DO I BREAK THE NEWS TO HIM. I AM SCARED OF HIM LEAVING ME.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You have knowingly been exposing your boyfriend to HIV???? And you are only considering breaking the news to him now because he wants you both to go for a "TEXT TO KLNOW OYR STATUS" in preparation for getting married and starting a family??? I'm generally not judgmental or critical of folks who write in to this forum (except of Dubya and his cronies because that's absolutely justified), but I must say shame on you!!! You obviously are aware of the consequences of your actions; otherwise you wouldn't be freaking out now that your boyfriend is going to find out about your secret and the potentially deadly game of sexual Russian roulette you've been playing without his knowledge. Sure he bears some of the responsibility for not protecting himself, but your behavior is, in my mind, reprehensible. My advice is that you tell the truth and immediately stop placing your boyfriend at risk. Be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions. Relationships that last are built on trust and honesty. To date, you've demonstrated neither one.

Dr. Bob

Previous
alcoholand viral load
Next
Cuts on the Shaft, it really hurts

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.