Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i didnt listen to u from pakistan!
Mar 5, 2007

hello sir how are u this is your fan here from pakistan do u rememeber me????? i was away from this site well sir if you remmeber me i had vaginal sex with a girl and have had all the symptoms of hiv including low greade fever for so many months you told me to stop testing after 3 months and i did not stop you said u will continue to test negative if u keep testing and i did not listen to you i got my self tested again at 6 months by ELISA test it was negative then at 7 months then at 8 months and now fianlly at 10 months its all negative but i am still worried because of pain in my legs i get pain in my legs do you still stand by ur oponion and think that i shud stop testing and this pain has got nothing to do with hiv am i in clear now after 10 months ??? if i am clear why this pain in my legs ??????? but there is a change inmyself now i belive i should have listend to you because you told me 7 months agoi would continue to test negative and i want to advise everyone who is reading this that everyone should always listen to dr.bob always always always in the end sir i would like to know your advice to me again????? and thanks for helping me through this difficult time you are a real hero and sorry for my bad english its not my first language

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Fan from Pakistan,

If I was confident that you are HIV negative after your three-month negative test, why would you think I would possibly change my "oponion" now that you've had unnecessary and excessive additional negative test at 6 months, 7 months, 8 months and 10 months?????

Yes, I stand by my opinion. The pain in your legs is unrelated to HIV, because you don't have HIV! Sorry, but I can't diagnose the cause of your leg pain problem over the Internet. What I can do is advise you with great certainty what is not causing the problem. It's not HIV!

"Shud" you stop testing? Of course you "shud."

"Shud" you stop worrying? Of course you "shud."

Remember, my advice was to stop testing and worrying seven months ago. Now let's see if you listen to me this time. I sincerely hope you do.

Be well. Stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Back for a kiss doc!
Next
Please respond

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.