Need some good wishes!! Would love to donate!!

Dear Dr. Frascino,

First off, you do an amazing job. I think everyone who asks you a question should come back and donate/thank you for what you have done. You deserve it because you're the only expert many people can afford (including myself).

I need some good wishes, I will be testing in a week and I'm deathly scared. I had a significant enough exposure and I just wanted to ask if these could be symptoms as I've heard others have experienced similar "symptoms."

The two most prominent symptoms are: my body is hot!! Hot Hot Hot. My Neck, forehead, entire body/skin gets really burning hot off and on yet I don't have a "fever" (normally 98-99.5). Second thing, My pulse has been racing, between 80 and 120, since the exposure and I have what seems to be a rash on my forehead.

Any direction would be great. I wouldn't be asking this if my test next week was conclusive, sadly it is still early (5 weeks). Please get back to me!

Thank You, you're quite easily the nicest (and funniest!) man on the internet.

Cheers!

Thanks for your very kind comments!

Try not to be excessively frightened about getting HIV tested. I'll be with you in spirit every step of the way.

You didn't mention "exactly what your "significant enough exposure" really was, so I can't comment on that.

Regarding symptoms, you write that your body is HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT! Now would that be HOT as in we could fry an egg on your forehead or HOT as in Daniel Craig's chest? (As one reviewer of the new James Bond in Casino Royale put it, Daniel Craig's pecs are so defined they should be in Webster's Dictionary.)

Well, putting that all aside, if you don't have a fever, you don't have to worry about your intermittent hot flashes! As for the racing pulse, well, my heart goes up a bit when I view the aforementioned pecs, but again I digress . . . . An increase in heart rate can be due to many things, including excitement or anxiety (Dubya's heart races anytime he has to read a sentence that has more than three words or any word with more than three syllables). At any rate, a rapid heartbeat is not a symptom associated with HIV. Likewise for the "seems to be rash on (your) forehead."

I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative, OK?

INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT.
masturbation