|Worried well, worried sick...please reply, 4th try!! Republican at heart
Mar 5, 2007
First I would like to commend you on the terrific work you do here. Although some of the answers to my questions could be found in the archives, I have also seen mixed responses (not from you, but other sights and previous forum experts) and thought this would solve it once and for all.
26 days ago a buddy and me slept with an escort in Utah. I had the undaunting task of going second. We both wore condoms, however, I was very intoxicated and cannot be sure the condom did not break or was used properly. I did ejaculate into it though. I suffer from OCD, anxiety, stress and mild depression so you can imagine the suffering I'm going through. When I asked her about her HIV status she said you wore a condom. Well needless to say, I looked at that response not in a good way.
I have head swollen lymph nodes, nausea and an unrelenting headache. I am currently seeking professional counseling for this and had a negative test result at the three two week mark. My physician, counselor and other's have told me this is all in my head, but I thought I would check with you anyways.
When you search for HIV on your sight and look up symptoms and testing, it says testing at 6 months is conclusive...is this the case or is 3 months the holy grail? My buddy has no symptoms of anything so he thinks I am being a hypocondriac (sp) and making up these symptoms. Is that possible? I immediately thought HIV the day after this event and went home and looked up Aids on the internet....dumb thing to do. Do you think I am at a high risk? I have seen many different sites that say the per act risk with someone who is HIV positive varies from 1 to 10, 000 to 1 to 200,000 if it was like my case male (insertive) to female (positive person). If she was infected what is the real risk?
Anyways, thanks for responding and I must add Go Bush : )
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Several things in your post shocked me!
1. There is a sexual escort in Utah?!?!? Really??? Gosh, those Mormons already have multiple wives. And the rest of the very Red-state Utahans are so rightwing that sex outside of procreation is punishable by stoning, isn't it???
2. You found "mixed responses" about the risk of condom-protected sex??? Dude, not on this site you didn't. As for what you found on the Vatican's Web site or Fox News, I'll just say consider the source.
Now turning to other issues. If you are worried about HIV, a three-month test is all you'll need (even after taking sloppy seconds) for a definitive and conclusive result.
You report anxiety, stress, depression and OCD. Well, you also report that you're a "Republican at heart," so that explains that!
Finally, I definitely agree with you on one point: "GO BUSH" Yes, indeed, Bush has got to go! Let's start impeachment proceedings post haste, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Tingling In Feet Worried It Could Be Ars
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.