Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How To Make Donation through Western Union?
Mar 5, 2007

Hello, How are you? In order to make a donation through Western Union, one have to follow these steps:

1- go to the local western union office (in my case in Argentina).

2- pay the desired amount of money plus some extra for the service cost.

3- Fill a form where one have to Inform the address and the name of the person who will receive the money (beneficiary) in this case, that would be you: The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

4- Call/email/contact the beneficiary to inform him that the tranfer is done, and he has to go to the (Los Altos's office) western union office in order to pick up the sending.

So, as you can imagine, the 4th step is the problem here. Me questions: a-if i send you the donation in this way, can i inform you via the body forum? b-I know you can't answer all the question you receive ( 99.99% of them solved with a single ELISA test at the 3 month mark), but do you read them all? in that case i could simply put the transfer ID in the title with no question. So what do you think? c- Have you ever received donations in this way before?

**Hugs**, and sorry about my english

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. Should you decide to use Western Union, you can notify us directly through the Foundation's e-mail address, frascinoaidsfound@sbcglobal.net. Now, before multiple questioners begin to frantically retype their unanswered body.com questions to post directly to the Foundation's e-mail address in hopes of getting a response from us there, I hasten to advise everyone that we do not respond to questions posted to that site that do not relate directly to Foundation business. Sorry!

2. Yes, I really do read all the questions that are submitted and yes, 99.99% of those submitted to this forum can be quickly and definitively answered with a single ELISA test outside of the window period.

3. Yes, we have received donations in every conceivable fashion! However, we do try to make it as easy as possibly. Hopefully having the Foundation's e-mail address will quickly resolve your dilemma.

4. Thanks for the donation and the **hugs**!!! Both are warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Seropositive Couple
Next
Odds of contracting HIV through protected sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.