Please please please reply, ORASURE question!

Hi Dr. Bob,

First of all, I am sorry about your loss. I've been reading these forums on and off for a long time, and it saddened me to read about it. I hope it will get easier for you with time.

My question is about the Orasure test. I had one done 6 months after last risky exposure, and it came out negative. But being a worried well, i read about the test on the internet, and it says that when testing, you must hold the swab in your mouth for 2 minutes. I am pretty sure I did not do that. The nurse told me to guide the swab around my gums back and forth.

I should assume she knew what she was doing and the test was administered correctly, right? Even though I don';t think it soaked between my gums and mouth for 2 minutes? If it was not enough musoca on the swab, it would give an invalid result, not a false negative, right?

Thank you so much for your response!

Relax, Max! The nurse administered the test properly and your result is indeed valid.

urgent!!pls answer do i need ppe? donation on the way!!
Masturbation, Dried Bodily Fluids