Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

urgent!!pls answer do i need ppe? donation on the way!!
Mar 5, 2007

Dear Dr Bob, please help me, the anxiety is killing me. a few weeks ago a homeless guy asked me for a 1$. i gave it to him and after that he huged me and told me that he had hiv. i was so stressed when i came home that he could have stucked me with a needle that i took a needle that was on my laundry bag, they use these needles to sticks paper to bags or t-shirts notinjection needles (une epingle a nourrisson if u speak french) so i took this needle and stucked myself with it ( je me suis pique) 2 times and than i realised how unconscious i was because this needle could have hiv on it so i put in a glass of vodka and rinse with hot water and i stucked myself afew more times. now i know that the homeless guy didn't stuck with any needle but i am amxious about this non-injection needle that i stucked myself with. 1)is my anxiety irationnal 2)is my risk really non-existent 3) do i need ppe 4)knowing that i got tested a few weeks ago do i need another test for these two experiences

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are correct! If anything is "killing" you, it's anxiety, not HIV!!!

Look, Mr. Worry, you gave the homeless dude a buck. Why would he thank you by sticking you avec une épingle de nourrice ???? Ça serait dingue, d'acc? Et en parlant des choses dingues, c'est incroyable que tu t'es piqué à plusieurs reprises. C'est plus que dingue ça !!!

So now, because of your research involving impaling yourself on sharp French objects, you realize l'homme sans domicile fixe did not prick you, yet you remain worried your self-pricks may have done you in! Zut alors!

Je répondrai à tes questions:

1. Oui.

2. Oui, mais bien sûr!

3. Non.

4. Non.

Maintenant à l'aise Blaise!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please Dr. Bob Need Good Luck Karma
Next
Please please please reply, ORASURE question!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.