re: thousand dollar guy

Hello again Dr. Bob,

In your response to me, you stated for most routine potential exposures you would consider a 13 week test definitive. However, you could not remember my original risk.

I had unprotected sex with a female and I had psoariasis on my penis, which is why i was worried about transmission....plus symptoms obviously. Would you consider that a routine potential exposure. As far as I know the girl is not HIV positive or at least not aware she is HIV positive.

You said that a 13 week test is "extremely encouraging" but I want to hear HIV is not your problem no way no how.

Thanks again

Unfortunately I have no idea of knowing if your penile psoriasis was severe enough to compromise the integrity of your skin. However, with a 13-week negative test following unprotected sex with a partner of unknown HIV status, I would advise your HIV risk is extremely remote at best. I'm reluctant to say "No way. No how." If you remain concerned, you can retest at the six-month mark to put any residual worries permanently to rest. I'll send my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your test remains negative, OK?

Good luck!

inactive herpes and hiv transmission
Please Dr. Bob Need Good Luck Karma