The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

sorry i wrote wrong question(this is the right1 bello)

Feb 26, 2007

Dear Dr. Frascino, i tested positive for penil Candida and theresis presence of sreptococci in the swap and urine test, my GF tested negative( For HIV) one day before our relation started, i heard candida is the 1st sypmtoms of Acute infection, am lot worried bello , should I test for HIV and donation on tha way .N.B that dr. said i have chlymedia coz i have some colourless odourless dripping from my thing. i have temp of 37.1 - 37.2 should i get tested or a wohoo, cheers

Response from Dr. Frascino


I don't think anyone should be WOO-HOOing if they have a drippy "thing." As to whether you have HIV, I have absolutely no idea, because you did not advise me of any potential HIV risks. Certainly the only way to determine if you truly have acquired HIV or not is to get an HIV test outside the window period. And the only reason to get an HIV test is if you've placed yourself at risk for potentially acquiring the virus. Symptoms or no symptoms are not the reason to get HIV tested! Placing yourself at risk is!!

My advice is simple. If you've placed yourself at risk for HIV disease by having unprotected sex or sharing IV needles, you need an HIV test three months or longer after your last potential exposure. It really is just that simple and straightforward.

Ciao Bello. Buona fortuna!

Dr. Bob

Diagnosis problem...
Very Late with Sustiva/Truvada Dose

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint