Diagnosis problem...

Hello Robert,

(I appreciate you reading this e-mail and possibly sendming me a short answer.)

Maybe you can help me with a diagnosis problem. I have had a inflamation of the epididymis and also the prostate for a few weeks now.

While I did receive some oral sex using a condom with a sex worker about 4 weeks ago, (we did also change the condom once, because the first one tended to slide up) I am not sure that it is related because.

1. My epididymis started to hurt a couple of times around in early December. 2. Two urologists did some tests and could not find any STD bacteria, also a quick blood test T-Cell count showed no infection. 3. A latest generation Elisa/P24 HIV test 19 days after this accurance also came back negative. 4. I avoided all contact with her gentials or any blood. I put on the first condom, and she gave me tht B-Job. She then later changed the condom.

However, now 4 weeks later I seem to have a throat infection, with some white paches on the tonsils, some of my glands are swollen, so my doc gave me some antibiotic to kill off a possible streptococus infection that could also affect the epididymis. Another blood T-Cell count again showed no infection? Kind of strange..!

While the medication I received seems to improve the situation of the epididymis and prostate, my tonsils still have white patches and look like the lunar surface.

Could it be possible that a STD bacteria was overlooked? Could it have any realtionship with a possible HIV infection ?

Thanks for your time!

Kindest Regards, Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Your HIV risk appears to be essentially nonexistent. Consequently, I do not believe your epididymitis, prostatitis, pharyngitis or tonsillitis have anything to do with HIV whatsoever.

It is possible the white patches on your tonsils may be due to fungal overgrowth secondary to antibiotic use or perhaps even just due to post-nasal drip. At any rate, this would not be related to an STD, as your sex worker encounter was protected. And besides, you received oral sex. So I assume you were the insertive partner. Bottom line: your current problems do not appear to be HIV- or STD-related.

Finally, in responding to the portion of your post that you asked me to delete, I'll provide the following information about the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation:

The Foundation provides crucial services to men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS worldwide and raises awareness of the HIV/AIDS pandemic through advocacy and education. Several of the key programs that the Foundation will be focusing its attention on in 2007 include:

Establish Prevention of Mother-to-Child HIV Transmission programs in 12 clinics in Goma (Congo). The Congo is a country of 65 million inhabitants that has been largely neglected by the international community. For this endeavor, we will partner with Global Strategies for HIV Prevention, Health Africa Hospital and the Clinton Foundation.

Expand HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention and testing programs at the college/university level in the United States, including the novel prevention and outreach programs at Oberlin College in Ohio.

Support a National HIV/AIDS treatment hotline operated by Project Inform.

Display the AIDS Memorial Quilt at key events and venues across the United States to raise awareness of the pandemic.

Provide funding for crucial services and life-sustaining medical care for infants and children infected with HIV/AIDS in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Donation information can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well, Ralph.

Answer to critics
sorry i wrote wrong question(this is the right1 bello)