Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV from hot dog
Feb 23, 2007

It is embarrassing to admit that I enjoy putting hot dogs in my booty sometimes, but embarrassment never caused HIV, and now I'm concerned. I usually buy packaged hot dogs only, and boil them to be sure they are sterile, but recently bought one from a street vendor because I was on the road in a big city and there was no nearby grocery store. If he had HIV is there any way I could have become infected? Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Let me get this straight. You enjoy putting hotdogs in your booty???? Hmmm . . . did that cause all the boys in your neighborhood to sing the Oscar-Mayer jingle nonstop? "Oh, I wish I were an Oscar-Meyer wiener; that is what I'd truly like to be . . . ."

And I suddenly just remembered that other famous hotdog jingle as well: "Hotdogs, Armour Hotdogs. What kinds of kids love Armour Hotdogs? Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks, tough kids, sissy kids, even kids with chicken pox love hotdogs, Armour hotdogs, the dogs kids love to bite!!!" (I still can't believe they used "sissy kids" in that jingle! But that's a discussion for another day.)

As for your worry about getting HIV from sticking the street vendor's hotdog up the booty, no, there is no HIV risk . . . unless I'm severely misunderstanding what you mean by the street vendor's hotdog!!!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you for making me laugh
Next
URGENT!!! PLEASE READ...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.