Nutty or Knowledgable Professor?

Hi Dr. Bob,

I don't wish to disclose the name of the University or the name of this particular professor, but he discussing with the class as if to have great knowledge about the Hiv virus and how it was mutating to the point where it is so easy to get now, like through saliva contact, etc. Is this true? Is the virus mutating where it is easier to catch? I don't blame you if you choose not to answer this question and not to post it because it will probably cause excess worry to others who already have irrational fears.

Why would such nonsense cause excess worry to others? Your professor is indeed nutty and most likely has some political or religious agenda whereby he wants to scare kids with HIV myths and misinformation. He should be ashamed of himself! I would suggest you send a copy of your question and my response to the nutty professor and the head of his department or president of the college. Advise them you are sending a copy of your letter to local AIDS service organizations and, if he continues to propagate such myths, you'll next send the story to the local newspapers. You could also demand he retract any inaccurate statements.

The best way to fight fear mongers and irrational fears is with information and the truth.

please help doc, from firefighter!!
Guaranteed donation-----worry to death