Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Repeated Donation!- small question
Feb 21, 2007

Hi Dr. Bob,

I got a letter in the mail from the foundation (yours of course) and after reading your message to a guy in the forums the other day, i became guilty that I hadn't repeated my donation this year. I tossed in $40 USD for your great cause (via online payment) and feel very good that i'll be helping someone.

I guess my question was sortof answered by you a year ago, when i wrote a long sermon on my OCD.

I have a bit of minor seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp. It is mild and comes in tiny patches when i grow my hair longer. I also have a really tiny bit of powdery sebderm behind one ear. Of course with my HIV fear, it just becomes exacerbated as I know HIVers get increased Seb Derm cases.

I have talked to all the experts and my two women with condoms keeps getting chalked up to "negligible" or "low risk"

I am really scared to test Bob. I haven't had any other symptoms (and didn't notice ARS) but its been a couple of years since my last test. Maybe if I get the trusted Bob reply i'll be able to get the stuggots to test and maybe be able to get a woo hoo if im lucky.

Thanks to the soothing words you (and others) Bob, i was able to crack out an 87 average in my last year of undergrad with a 95 in one class. Not bad eh? I am thinking of going all the way for a ph.D in my field (humanities) so it will likely be more years of 40 dollar donations. Maybe when i get tenure somewhere i can up it a lot.

I was really sorry to read about your Brother's passing Bob. I have trolled around your forum for years and know you are a family man.

My deepest condolences to you and yours.

D.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi D,

Welcome back to the forum and thank you for your donation. Some feel their contributions are just a "drop in the bucket," but to those in desperate need, $40 is an ocean of philanthropy!

Although I'm sure you've heard and read this many times before, I should remind you and our readers that the vast majority of cases of seborrheic dermatitis have absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS. I should also remind you that "two women with condoms" would be a nonexistent HIV risk, if the latex condoms were used properly and did not fail.

As for the "stuggots" to get tested, well actually you need coglione (or cojones), not "stugots!" Stugots means cock! That's what got you into this mess. Now you need balls to get you out of it!

I can assure you your WOO-HOO is waiting for you. Dr. Bob guaranteed! All you need to do is get a simple rapid test and you'll be WOO-HOOing in 20 minutes! If you're smart enough to get an 87 average on your grades, you're smart enough to put this completely unwarranted worry to rest permanently with a simple HIV rapid test. Right? Of course, right! Stop procrastinating and get going. Yes, I mean right now. Go! Turn off the computer and go! So why are you still reading this? Didn't I say turn off the computer and go get tested????? Do it. Do it now!

Dr. Bob

Previous
condome broke
Next
Am I ok or what?!? (INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.