am I true Negative?

Hi Dr Bob,

You really have a nice forum... My x boyfriend was HIV positive and the last time I had unprotected sex with is Apr 2006. The last time we have is last Sep 10 2006 but using a condom. I got tested in May, Jul 2006 and Jan 1, 2007 and the result were all negative. Sad to say I feel that now our relationship is falling apart. I'm just worried that I still have a chance to be positive due to my x status? Do I have nothing to worry or I can rest my mind now that I'm really negative.

Thanks a lot your answer is appreciated.

Anxious Lady

Hello Anxious Lady,

Assuming a latex condom was used properly and did not break for your September 10, 2006 interlude, your last potential exposure (unprotected) would be April 2006. You have subsequently had negative HIV tests in July 2006 and January 2007. Your negative HIV test beyond six months is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

just want to say thank you
Dr Bob, Your advice helps so many