this question is begging on its knees to be answered Bob!

Hey Bob.. hope ur doing well. i have been a regular visitor of this website, which is an amazing source of inspiration for all +vers, and ofcourse WW like me.

Presently I am totally down with anxiety and depression, now running straight to an year and half, since the time i had a possible riskier exposure. That indeed is a lot of time to proudce a whole lot of symptoms, which unfortunately I have.No i am not gonna describe them, coz I see them converging with more or less all possible symptoms of anxiety.

But fears dont die down, I am shit scared more so because after forcibly admitting i am HIV negative after HIV DUO/MEIA test for HIV 1 2 and p24 after 9,12 and 17 months post exposure, and getting married a month back, I had sex with my wife and unprotected! Believe me it was very difficult for me. Had this fear of infecting her all the time. Now I see red bumps on her face, back,chest hands and legs, which even i developed a few months back and they keep coming up and dont go.This has scared me alot. why these red bumps, and that too all over her body! Wat scared the shit outta me was that she has developed fever(99.7-100.5F) 3 weeks after we had sex. could she be seroconverting, nlike me who still hasnt.

I have heard that there are ppl who dont seroconvert at all, i.e they dont produce antibodies at all, or prosuce them after 5-6 years! how wud u knw if i fall into that category online? I dont have any other major ailments, apart from vitamin b-12 deficiecy that caouses tingling since the last year, which i found out primarily happens because of anxiety only!

Plz Bob am begging you to reply this question,as ppl here in India are still tabboo about discussing HIV in open. thnaks a ton, will definitely contribute towards the frascino foundation.

luv u..god bless

I'll be brief.

HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your repeatedly negative tests out to 17 months after your possible exposure are definitive and conclusive.

Whatever is causing your wife's "red bumps" and fever, one thing is certain: She did not acquire HIV from you, because you don't have HIV! I'd suggest she see a dermatologist if she's having persistent skin problems.

You, on the other hand, need to see a psychiatrist or psychologist. You identified your problem correctly when you wrote, "I am totally down with anxiety and depression . . . ." Anxiety and depression are very real clinical conditions that have very real symptoms and very effective therapies. I urge you get help for your very real problems and stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have.

As for HIV being a taboo topic in India that no one discusses in the open, I'd suggest you do your part to change that. Start talking about HIV/AIDS to friends, family and anyone who will listen. It's what you don't know that can hurt you!

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Missing a dose of PEP
What to do in the meantime? (wait or fight before the battle begins?)