Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Guy from Israel
Feb 19, 2007

Thanks alot for answering my question Dr.Bob,it helped me to relax a bit. But you did't gave an answer to the main question of mine - is what is a chanse that the antibodies are still not there than the physic symptomes are already apearing(there's been a cases like this ?),and should i have the 6 month test ?

Thanks alot,and God bless you and your love ones

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worried Guy in Israel,

Sorry, I thought I was being perfectly clear when I wrote:

"Put simply, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 5 months 11 days are absolutely definitive and conclusive."

So to be even more specific:

1. "Chance antibodies are still not there" is none.

2. Should you have a six-month test? No.

Hopefully this time nothing got "lost in translation."

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

question Feb 17, 2007

First of all i want to apologise if my english is not very much understoodebl,it's not my language you see. I'm sorry for your loss,and wish you to be strong. My question is this - I had a relation with prostitude,wearing a condome(that she gave me) all the act as i though. But coming home i noticed my penis is covered with somthing strange and smeling. 2 months later i begane to notice a strange things such as size of my lymphos got unusualy big,so i did an HIV test and the result was negative. In some way i forgot about the case,but the strange symptomes did not disapair and the new one came(the period is 3 months after the act)like hand/leg sweating,weight loss,neck pain so i did another test 4.5 months after and it came negative. The normal human would drop off,but in my case is diffrent i'm a high class hypochondrian and in my past there's been several cases of fatal self deagnosis that maked my life very misreble.Anyway 5 months and 11 days after the act i did another test and it came negative,but the symptomes are still there,and the new one keep apearing(tiredness,pain in a eyes) The main question of mine is what is a chanse that the antibodies are still not there after all that,and should i have the 6 month test ? I'm so exsousted emotanly that the waiting i think will simply break me up. Thanks ahead for answer,and please explain me how i can donate if i'm from Israel. Good luck and peace.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worried Guy in Israel,

I'm sure being "a high class hypochondrian" with "several cases of fatal self deagnosis" would cause you to be "exsousted emotanly!!!" I'm assuming those previous "fatal" cases turned out to be false alarms, because, well, you're still here for one thing. And, I'm happy to advise you this episode of worry is equally unwarranted. Put simply, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 5 months 11 days are absolutely definitive and conclusive. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet (although I would certainly place anxiety on top of my differential diagnosis); however, I can tell you with great certainty what is not causing your symptoms: It's not HIV!

Considering you have a history of irrational fears related to health issues, I would strongly suggest you seek the help of a psychologist or psychiatrist to help you confront and cope with this recurrent problem.

Regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, donation information can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. We accept PayPal, credit cards, checks, money orders, cash, direct wire transfers and just about any other type of gift imaginable.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, indeed, you are well!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Masturbation
Next
indeterminate test result follow up (INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.