Is there any chance that I'm ok?

Three Years ago I went on vacation and met a man who I ended up spending the week with. We had sex multiple times atleast 5 or 6 times and each time was unprotected. I recently found out that he passed away from AIDS. And apparently was infected with this long before we ever met. Is there even any chance at all that I do not have AIDS/HIV? Or do I have a death sentence? I have not worked up the courage to get tested yet and before I do I need to know if there is even the slightest chance that I could be ok or if there is no hope at all. I really appreciate your time. I am desperate for an answer.

Yes, of course there is a chance you did not acquire the virus. Not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission (thankfully). You can find estimated risk statistics for various types of sexual activity by reviewing the information in the archives. If you are like most people, you will be surprised by the odds! Now what is this nonsense about needing to work up the courage to get tested? You know you were exposed and need to be tested. Waiting will not change the outcome, but it could have a detrimental effect on your health. You write, "I am desperate for an answer." All you need to do is get tested to get the only "answer" that really matters.

You are a SAVIOR.....need help!!!
a BIG thanks from a former crazyparafreakysexaphobe!!!