You are a SAVIOR.....need help!!!

Dear Dr. Bob,

You are doing a gr8 job.. Your views & sense of humor makes one understand your clear and honest intentions of helping people. Indeed you are an angel !

This is my story:

I am 27 yrs old Indian male working in Dubai. Six weeks ago on the New Year's eve I had protected Sex with a Russian prostitute. There was no oral sex involved but I did finger her for no more than two secs... the same goes with a smooch (not deep) and some nibbling( nipple sucking) for no more than 2 secs. To the best of my knowledge there were no open cuts or sores on my finger ... can't say bout micro cuts...and also no oral infections.. I took the condom from the pros and I believe it was latex as I could smell the odour from my penis while bathing next morning...I believe it did not break as nothing spilled over once i drew back and it was the girl who took it off.

Two weeks after, I went for a massage but only got a hand job done (without condom) with no contact whatsoever to any of the bodily fluids... I didn't notice if the lady had any open cuts or sores on her hands...

Now my condition:

1) Two days ago I observed a red rash (around 4mm-sq area) on the tip of my penis (near urethra opening). Its not a patch but a combination of rather blotchy. There is general reddishness also in the same area. There is a similar patch on my nostril (mostly itchy)which is there for last one week or so.

2) In the last six weeks I had experienced itching all over my body which got cured once I took a single dose of anti-allergy (Allegra).

3) I think I have swollen lymph nodes under my armpit and in the groin as sometimes i feel heaviness and pain in these areas but nothing is protruded out. Also I have been feeling my underarms, groin and under neck to check if there is any swelling. I usually do that 10-12 times in a day.

4) Apart from above , so far I have not experienced any fever, diarrhea, loss of appetite, fatigue, etc.

Finally the questions ( I will try to be specific) :

Q1) Was the Sexual - Activity a low-risk or a no risk activity. If low risk what according to you will be an indicative risk factor say 1/1000 or 1/10000. The reason I am asking is if at all a test is warranted, I will immediately pack my bags and leave for my home country as I don't want to take a risk with testing here. People get deported if they test positive here!

Q2) Are any of the above symptoms suggestive of ARS? what is the maximum time for ARS symptoms to show up?

Q3) I have increased the intake of Tea and coffee from twice to 6-7 times a day(may be b'cos of depression). Can this be a Cause of reddishness on the penis? and also I had a bit of burning in stomach while passing stool .

Q4) I have been a victim of worrisome syndrome with similar symptoms before except for the rash. It was again a protected sex with a thai pros in s'pore but my 3,6 & 12 months test came back negative.?

Q5) Is it 100 % safe to go for a protected Oral (blow job)-insertive?

Thats it....

Even though you are not able to answer my queries, I still appreciate your work and it is of gr8 help to people especially to those like me who have little or no support around.

Donation on the way...

Thanks Jay

Hello Jay,

1. Essentially nonexistent risk. Testing is not warranted.

2. Nope! There really is no absolute "maximum time" for ARS symptoms to become manifest. In general, they appear two-four weeks after infection.

3. No.

4. This, once again, proves my point. Protected sex is indeed protected if the latex condom is used properly and doesn't break.

5. Once again, protected is protected, pure and simple. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Does tinea corposis mean am HIV+
Is there any chance that I'm ok?