Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

I know I'm not alone...please post!!

Dr. Bob, I would first like to say thank you so much for all you do for people on this forum, without it I don't know what I would do with my time of worry. I had a low risk exposure about 5 months ago and was tested negative twice, the last at 4 months after exposure, but I still convinced myself I was infected with HIV. I knew that this wasn't the case. I know I fit in with all the "worried wells" out there. I think I made myself this way because of a guilty conscience. But I now know there are many other people just like me who are sure they are infected. Honestly, I believe I made myself this way because I searched for symptoms and stressed my body out. Really, it feels so much better to just get tested and the weight just lifts off your shoulders. I can now get on with my life with a big lesson learned. My motto is, if it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't right. I will never again put myself through this worry by always using wise decisions and wear protection!! In life you live and learn, many times through mistakes, but that's what makes us human. I hope all of the worried wells out there get to read this and hopefully feel a little better that they are not alone. Dr. Bob, I'm just waiting on if I can woo-hoo?! thank you. You are a miracle.

WOO-HOO! It's official! Now you can join our X-Files (Ex-Worried Wells). And just as you surmised, you certainly are not alone! There are gazillions of others who also were "absolutely convinced" they were HIV positive and had "every symptom in the book" who then found out they too were HIV negative. The archives are bursting at the seams with testimonials like these. Have a look!

Finally, I'm not really a miracle. I'm just your everyday run-of-the-mill cybersexpert always ready to lend a helping hand . . . . (Which qualifies as safe sex, by the way.)

Be well. Stay well. Congrats!

Melanie is back to fulfil the promise
Need karma