Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I know I'm not alone...please post!!

Feb 16, 2007

Dr. Bob, I would first like to say thank you so much for all you do for people on this forum, without it I don't know what I would do with my time of worry. I had a low risk exposure about 5 months ago and was tested negative twice, the last at 4 months after exposure, but I still convinced myself I was infected with HIV. I knew that this wasn't the case. I know I fit in with all the "worried wells" out there. I think I made myself this way because of a guilty conscience. But I now know there are many other people just like me who are sure they are infected. Honestly, I believe I made myself this way because I searched for symptoms and stressed my body out. Really, it feels so much better to just get tested and the weight just lifts off your shoulders. I can now get on with my life with a big lesson learned. My motto is, if it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't right. I will never again put myself through this worry by always using wise decisions and wear protection!! In life you live and learn, many times through mistakes, but that's what makes us human. I hope all of the worried wells out there get to read this and hopefully feel a little better that they are not alone. Dr. Bob, I'm just waiting on if I can woo-hoo?! thank you. You are a miracle.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

WOO-HOO! It's official! Now you can join our X-Files (Ex-Worried Wells). And just as you surmised, you certainly are not alone! There are gazillions of others who also were "absolutely convinced" they were HIV positive and had "every symptom in the book" who then found out they too were HIV negative. The archives are bursting at the seams with testimonials like these. Have a look!

Finally, I'm not really a miracle. I'm just your everyday run-of-the-mill cybersexpert always ready to lend a helping hand . . . . (Which qualifies as safe sex, by the way.)

Be well. Stay well. Congrats!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Melanie is back to fulfil the promise
Next
Need karma

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.