Happy V-Day Dr Bob!
Feb 15, 2007
Hi Dr. Bob,
Happy V-Day all the way from Canada. Are you and Dr. Steve doing anything special?
I have a few questions regarding testing. A single 6 month test is definitive and conclusive right? No ifs ands or buts? My 6 monther was negative after a low risk experience (unprotective oral and protected vaginal). Also, is a urine test for chlamydia good enough too? I had this done 3 months after exposure and it was negative aswell. Also, does irritable bowel syndrome have any effect on any tests? What is a good treatment for IBS?
Thanks for your time.
Your the best. Got any dating advice for me? haha
Fred in Canada
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Canadian Fred,
Happy V.D. to you too and yes, Dr. Steve and I are doing something special. And before you ask, no, you can't watch.
Regarding your questions:
1. Yes, a six-month negative test is definitive.
2. Yes, the chlamydia urine test is accurate.
3. No, irritable bowel syndrome does not affect HIV test results.
4. Treatment for IBS? This is an HIV info site, not the IBS hotline! I'd suggest you try Metamucil and if that doesn't help, see your doctor for additional advice.
Dating advice? Fredo, first you want IBS treatment advice and now you want dating advice too? My first recommendation would be to stop being so demanding. Next, I'd suggest you get off this Web site, as you are not going to find your Mr. or Ms. Right (or Right Now) lurking around here, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Epididymitis Symptoms Causes Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.