Happy V-Day Dr Bob!

Hi Dr. Bob,

Happy V-Day all the way from Canada. Are you and Dr. Steve doing anything special?

I have a few questions regarding testing. A single 6 month test is definitive and conclusive right? No ifs ands or buts? My 6 monther was negative after a low risk experience (unprotective oral and protected vaginal). Also, is a urine test for chlamydia good enough too? I had this done 3 months after exposure and it was negative aswell. Also, does irritable bowel syndrome have any effect on any tests? What is a good treatment for IBS?

Thanks for your time.

Your the best. Got any dating advice for me? haha

Fred in Canada

Hello Canadian Fred,

Happy V.D. to you too and yes, Dr. Steve and I are doing something special. And before you ask, no, you can't watch.

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes, a six-month negative test is definitive.

2. Yes, the chlamydia urine test is accurate.

3. No, irritable bowel syndrome does not affect HIV test results.

4. Treatment for IBS? This is an HIV info site, not the IBS hotline! I'd suggest you try Metamucil and if that doesn't help, see your doctor for additional advice.

Dating advice? Fredo, first you want IBS treatment advice and now you want dating advice too? My first recommendation would be to stop being so demanding. Next, I'd suggest you get off this Web site, as you are not going to find your Mr. or Ms. Right (or Right Now) lurking around here, OK?

Million Dollar Question: Reply
18 Wanglepecking Tests