diagnosed with Ghonorrhea

Today my doctor told me i have Ghonorrehea , gave me 6 tablets of antibiotic and asked me to take it 6 tabs alltogether. i believe i got infected from my gf coz i never doit with else than her. she did HIV 1 and 2 P24 antigen and EIA , and she tested negative 1 month back so did i . the CDC links Ghonorrhea with HIV infection, do u believe she is HIV positive and it seems negative in the test since i got Ghonorrhea? and how both are linked . pls Dr. Frascino i need ur help coz am depressed and afraid that she is HIV positive and not shown in the test . promise u a donation of 200 Canadian Dollars. pls help ..

Gonorrhea and HIV are two completely different diseases caused by two completely different germs. The correlation between HIV and gonorrhea is that the presence of gonorrhea increases the risk of contracting or transmitting HIV. This is because the increased number of white blood cells at the site of STD infections, like gonorrhea, make it easier to transmit or acquire HIV. I must also point out that it is much much easier to contract or transmit gonorrhea than HIV (thankfully!). Also even if both diseases are present concurrently, that doesn't automatically mean both will be transmitted or acquired.

The mere fact that you and/or your girlfriend have gonorrhea does not automatically mean you have HIV! That you both tested negative for HIV-1, HIV-2 and p24 one month ago is very encouraging.

What you and your girlfriend need to do now is get treated for gonorrhea and then repeat your HIV test three months from the last time you had unprotected sex. Use condoms for sex during this period for protection. You and your girlfriend will also need to have a discussion about STDs and how one or both of you became infected with gonorrhea. If indeed you only have sex with her, it's probably safe to assume she contracted gonorrhea from someone else. Ultimately it is a good idea to always and routinely use latex condoms in the future, girlfriend or not, to provide extra protection against unwanted pregnancy and STDs.

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'm sending my best good-luck/good-health karma to both you and your girlfriend that your definitive three-month HIV tests remain negative.

Wooohooo
Anxiety