Blood Donation Comment

Follow up to the blood donor question with a comment. I am a CLS student doing a blood bank rotation and looking at protocols for blood donations. One question that is not asked and I feel that it should be asked is, in the last three months have you engaged in unprotected sex? This will apply to a man or women independent of their sexual orientation. To me this question is much more important and covers the main aspect of sexual activity with regard blood donations and HIV, protected vs. unprotected. It seems as if blood donation centers only get HIV tainted blood from homosexual men, is that true Dr. Bob? (Just kidding!!)

Looking for a Change

Asking about unprotected sex within the last three months would make much more sense than categorically barring for life all men who have ever had sex with another man. But then again, common sense and the Bush administration seem to be mutually exclusive phenomena.

Rent gal here...sorry for your loss
RNA PCR Testing --Accuracy