|A very specific question. PLease answer. Donation is on the way
Feb 11, 2007
Hello Dr Bob,
Thank you somuch for all you do. I have read about the passing of your brother, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
I need to know once and for all if an autoimmune disease, in my case, Graves disease, will affect the window period for HIV of 3 months?. I tested at three months and it was negative, but then I was diagnosed with Graves disease. Do I need further testing for HIV, or can I just wooohooo?
Your answer is appreciated. I'm in need of peace of mind please doctor.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Thanks for your condolences.
Graves disease would not affect the validity of your negative three-monthly HIV test. It's WOO-HOO time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Can Penicillin Cure Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.