Re: Desperate...need advice 11 Jan

Dr. Bob, Thanks again for your reply from my 11 Jan reply. I am still stressing about possible HIV/HCV exposure due the spit on my chaffed peeper and handjob. Its been 6 weeks now I have been having pains (not excrucitiang but quick intermitent pains) in my upper right quadrant and some in the left--right above the liver and spleen, respectively for the last week with intermittent diarrea. I consulted my doctor and he order a HCV test, HIV, and Liver enzyme. HIV and HCV came back negative--My enzymes (at exactly the 6 week point from the handjob, my ALT was 52 U/L with a range of 24-63. I know that the value is in the range, but with the the pains, i am reeally concerned. I also have tiny bumps on the palms of my hands for the past 4 days--my doc gave me a topical steroid and said if it doesnt clear up in a week--come back--he wasnt sure what it was. I searched online and most sites said the ALT levels for acute infection are several times larger than the max but when should that happen? Also, from what I read, the "normal" value for ALT is <40 U/L. Should I be concerned--I dont take drugs, dont drink or smoke and rarely take over the counter meds? Are flucuations in ALT expected from stress? I know I am obsessing and I should go get some professional help--which I will do-- I will be making a donation for your help and to make a contribution to your efforts as soon as uncle sam refunds some of my taxes--in a couple of weeks. I wish I could do more to contribute to your efforts, but now money is all I can support until I finish my PhD. Thanks for your response. Be well. Ciao.

P.S. Might want to suggest a spell checker to the folks that maitain this page for the posts--I may be a little knowledgeable in physics...but I suck at typing!

Your liver enzyme tests are normal. Normal is normal! I see no cause for concern. I agree you are "obsessing" and that professional help may well be beneficial. Your three-month test results will provide you with a definitive and conclusive answer. Your HIV/HCV risk remains negligible at best.

As for recommending a spell checker to the folks that "maitain" this page, I'll pass the request on to the powers that be.

Stay well.

Positive EIA
Thank You!!