mixed status (BAREBACKING)

this isn't a question, but reading about mixed status, My (now ex-) partner continually told me that I was not at risk being a top, there was a one in a million chance, his VL was low and CD4 good. Well, in any case I guess I lost in the game of Russian roulette. I'm now positive and he maintains it's not on account of him. I would certainly encourage EVERYONE to alway use protective measures no matter what their partner tells them. It's unfortunately too late for me and many others, but hopefully our stories can save others from having to go through what we now have to bear. ML

Hello ML,

I'm sorry to learn about your diagnosis. Your experience adds credibility to what I've been preaching for years: barebacking is risky business, even if you're the top gun! I too hope our readers who are considering going Commando-Rambo on their poz partners will reconsider the potential disastrous (and easily avoidable) consequences in light of your story. Thanks for writing in. You may well have saved others from becoming infected. For that you are to be commended!

Bit my partner
sorry for your loss