Trust me symptoms don't mean hiv

Hey Dr. just wanted to say thank you for all you do for us. as far as all the worry warts out there, myself included, let me be the first to say that symptoms mean absolutely nothing. i have led a very promiscious lifestyle and to this day can't begin to explain why. I'm 31yrs old and have slept with over 40 women all of them unprotected. don't know why just call me stupid. well about 4 months ago i got the biggest and worst headache of my life and it continued like a fog in my brain for 2 months. then i had all the typical signs of what i thought was ars symptoms, nausea, vomiting, neck pain... you name it i had it. white coating of tongue, or so i thought. cancre sores in mouth. stomach rumbling constantly, excessive gas. well i had convinced myself i had finally contracted hiv so i prepared myself as best i could. went to emergency room about a month ago because couldn't stand the headaches any more and to my surprise and relief all labs and complete blood count came back negative for anything. that really just gave me a false sense of security and my mind kept me concentrated on hiv/aids. so i went to have a complete std and hiv screening and to my relief all came back negative. to all those worried out there, Dr. Frascino says it best and i can't say it enuff, SYMPTOMS DO NOT MEAN ANYTHING...as they mind plays terrible tricks on you especially when you know what you have done to put yourself in such jeopardy...i am a prime example of risky and unhealthy behavior with the unprotected sex, but let you all know this was a definately wake up call and what i believe to be a second chance at life...so if you have any doubts get tested...WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

Congratulations on dodging the HIV bullet. WOO-HOO!

Symptoms do not equal HIV disease! As your case demonstrates, they can be, and often are, notoriously unreliable in distinguishing who is and is not HIV infected. I agree with your bottom line. If you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get tested at the three-month mark!

Stay safe. Stay well!

Help to Ease Stress for the Worry Warts
wimpy and agrssive