Help to Ease Stress for the Worry Warts

Hey Doctor Robert,

I'll try not to make this long. But I said to myself once I got my tests back and they were negative, I would share my story of what I went through. I came onto this site searching for answers and getting so much help from you. And I would like to thank you so much for your help. You provide an amazing service.

I hope this helps or eases stress for anyone who is scared that they think they have HIV, and are noticing all the symptoms to it as well.

Basically I partied one night and had sex with a stripper with no protection. One of the stupidest things I've ever done. After I started reading all the symptoms to HIV and realized I was already noticing them. I got a fever and a harsh sore throat like 3 days after (probably from partyin so hard). Then I started feeling my lymph nodes daily and was 100% sure they were swollen. I could feel and sorta see the small pea shaped glands on my neck. Then my neck and armpit area began getting sorta stiff and I thought it could be due to swollen lymph nodes. I ended up going to the doctor and she said they werent even swollen. Then I started noticing I was more tired than I usually am and had much less energy. Then I started noticing I was having irregular muscle soreness and tingling in my fingers once in a while. On top of all this I once in a while had diarrhea, and random headaches.

So if you haven't noticed yet but these are all common symptoms of HIV. I was freakin out, I was depressed, I lost contact with friends for a short period of time, I wasted so much time stressing over it.

I went for a test about 5 days after the encounter and it was obviously negative. Then I went for one a month later, as I have heard that chances are if you have HIV it will show up in a test 1 month after your exposure. I thought I was in the clear because I hadn't gotten a call from them, and they usually only call you if there is something wrong. Then I get a call from my Dad saying that the doctor had left a voicemail on the house line asking for me to call them. So I again absolutely go nuts, I of course call them right away and right in the middle of their lunch break, not to mention on a Friday. I'm calling for about 2 hours straight thinking they may have closed for the weekend. Finally I get a hold of the receptionist, and she tells me that the tests were negative but she just wanted to let me know anyways.

So needless to say these past 3 months have not only been the scariest of my life, but have also woken me up to how dangerous these diseases are and easy they are to get. Not only that but how fortunate people are who do not have this diseases or problems, and how they should be taking advantage of their life. I plan on trying to educate my family and friends as I was definetly un-sex-educated before this incident. And I am going to be donating money to your charity Robert. I also gave money to Aldo when I was shopping there for a friend, as they donate money to an AIDS foundation.

So for everyone freakin out about that you might have HIV, remember that your body is an amazing thing. It will make you feel and see things that are kinda not really there. Try not to stress over symptoms until you get your 3month test done. Its not worth ruining your life over something you are not certain about. And if your that stressed, go to your doctor, show her/him your symptoms, explain your story and they will hopefully shed some light on your problems. And chances are they will clear up your confusion, and actually be able to tell you if you have the symptoms and if they would be related to HIV. My doctor helped me out and also made me feel a lot better.

So thanks Robert and I wish the best of luck and a happy life to everyone else.

Thanks for sharing your newfound insights and your personal story. (Sure glad you tried to abbreviate your story. I'm not sure my inbox would have accommodated the unabridged version!) Thanks also for your donation (www.). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well!

My thoughts are with you
Trust me symptoms don't mean hiv