It's Official...Your the best man alive!!!!!

Thank you a million times over and over and over for the Good Luck Kharma...I just hope it works for me!!!! (Sorry to write back in again...but, I'm sooo afraid!!!) Oh Dr. Bob....my nerves are getting bad!!! I have had a low-grade fever all this week. (today's day 5)..between (99.1-99.7 all week) (Tylenol brings is down temporarily)...5 days now.... my face has developed a nice sunburned looking shade of red I really don't see any bumps just redness on my cheeks, chin and forehead..like I have on a red mask!(last 5 days...since the fever started!)...hot to the touch..not anywhere else on my body....I know symptoms aren't reliable...but, I'm having lower back pain...(very bad lower back pain and pain in my legs!!!)headache(not very severe..just dull)..and sore throat(not severe..just constant but not very hurtful) and now diarrhea....could could be nerves????....do you think it's just getting ARS at 33-38(today's day 38) days?? I'm scared out of my mind....and (the jerk) won't call me back...I keep second guessing the condom...and now all these things are taking place...I can't give myself a bright red face and fever can I? I know the minds a powerful thing...but, I dont think I can dream these things up!!! My friends think I'm nuts...so,....I went to the dr....and they shrugged me off with it's just a little viral infection....yeah no shit...but, is is ARS?? She just told me everything would be ok...I don't have anything...took another blood test and sent me on my way! It's not ARS?She said NO! Your being silly! I asked about my throat...she said...doesn't look too bad...and looked in my ears...MY EARS DON'T EVEN HURT!!! I said...well the ...the condom could have broke...or tore...I didn't see it after he ejaculated...and it was dark in the room!! I've been having body aches and pains....all week too...and this fever isn't going away!!!! Does this sound like ARS? I'm so scared...I broke down crying and now my moms trying to hold us both together! Thank God I have YOU and her...or I'd really be going nuts! 1. Does the sunburned looking redness to my face sound like ARS? 2. Does ARS start at day 30-40? 3. I have a low-grade fever....doesn't this pretty much mean ARS seeing as I have the rash too? 4. Can a ARS rash just be on your face....I don't see redness anywhere else on my body! 5. I'm in some pain.. lower back wise...if this is ARS..when will it subside...cause I'm hurting???! Thanks Again for everything you do...I just hope you can give me some encouraging news on the things I'm telling you about....Thank you...again! Tiff

This is what I posted before....Can I get some Good-Luck Kharma??!?!? Feb 9, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob, Hello Again! I wrote you back closer to the first of the year about my "sexual New-Year's Fling" with a man of unknown status...we spent about 30 minutes altogether...in the sheets...same condom was worn from start to finish...(I did not see if it broke or had a tear...but, the jerk said it was fine...who can believe him anyhow..lol...by the way...I haven't heard from him lately...not very comforting...but, oh well!)...I've been doing pretty well...trying NOT to worry or panic....I know you don't recommend testing before the 13th week...but, I broke down and tested Monday....the beginning of the 5th week....it was negative! (Hopefully with your good-luck kharma...it will stay that way!) Please...send your good luck to me! It seems to work for everyone...and I'd love to get it from you!!! I'm trying to stay positive...and busy....but, to be honest...it still creeps back in my mind...off and on...daily...if the condom did rip or tear...would we have known? Does the fact that he was rough...make a difference?...it was only oral (me giving him-with condom...and vaginal...with same condom...) I'm trying not to freak out...but, today's the 37th day...and I've got a pretty bad headache, 99.3-low grade fever....all day....and sore throat..and my whole right leg is sore-mucles almost tender...or so it feels. I realize it could just be something going around....but, the low-grade fever is what scares me..it seems like the perfect timing too...just after I tested negative to get the low-grade fever...and yes I'm being a but about ...checking it every 30 minutes or so...it's staying between 99.1-99.5.....I'm seeking mental help...to get me through my "hang-ups" and to get me to the 13th week....only 8 more weeks to go! Thanks for listening...and even more for replying! And thanks a million for your good luck kharma....if i get it! I appreciate all you do...This website has kept me sane....so far! LOL...Love ya Dr. Bob...Thanks for all you do!

Hello Tiff,

If your "nerves are getting bad," you should get some treatment for your nerves! Anti-anxiety medications could help!

To answer your specific questions:

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

3. Nope.

4. Nope.

5. It is not due to ARS. Yes it will subside.

Tiff, along with anti-anxiety meds to help you endure the window period, I would suggest you read the archives. Yes, all of them. You should find them to be enlightening and encouraging. It will also take you weeks and weeks (even if you are a speed reader) and by then you'll be ready for your definitive HIV test and conclusive WOO-HOO.

Thank you for your response re: fingering and contact
Again- Distress Sailor. Thanks for your answer.