Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re-CORE ANTIBODY!!???
Feb 10, 2007

Hey there bob sorry about your loss. So sad. I too have lost my brother and my sister just a couple years ago so my heart aches for you. I was reading your archives about the indeterminate wb date 2/8 and I was wondering if I had hiv test 9 yrs after exposure (oraquick) would it come out negetive due to waiting so long that i am in the late stages of hiv and have lost my core antibodies. This really made me question my results as many people who read that are thinking the same thing. But if not then "WHHHHHHOOOOHOOOOO" right? My 20 min test is correct. Please clear this up I am so confused!!!! Great job on al your hard work and whitty answers. You are FABULOUS!!!!! Donation on it's way do you except paypal? love, wannabe ww

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You no longer have to be a "wannabe." You are now a Dr. Bob-certified WOO-HOOer, OK? Your negative OraQuick nine years after a potential exposure is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!

The loss of an anti-HIV antibody due to late-stage illness is the result of profound immunodeficiency essentially the collapse of the immune system! If and when that occurs, the patient would be extremely ill with end-stage AIDS. Obviously this is not the case with you! So yell WOO-HOO and let's get this party started!

Regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, sure, we accept PayPal and just about any other type of monetary gift as well. Details are available on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Just click on the "Donate" tab. You can also view our latest foundation newsletter by clicking on the "News" tab.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr Bob for president???
Next
To all the people experiencing symptoms please read..

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.