PEP Required??

Sunday morning I had unprotected sex with another male. I noticed in his bag there were HIV meds, after asking him about it he reassured me that I had nothing to worry about, the meds were not his, he was sharing the bag with his roommate. I got a PEP kit from work and just took my first dose. I believe him that I have nothing to worry about, and after my first dose ( 1 Combivir and 6 Kaletra BID) I'm experiencing numbness in my lips and limbs. Do you think I need to continue the PEP? And when do you think the soonest time I should get tested and recieve accurate results would be?

Unprotected sex is never a good idea, whether you notice meds in your tricks' bags or not. But I'm fairly sure you realize that now, right? Without knowing more about your situation, such as type of unprotected sex, etc., it's difficult to give you specific advice. I do find it a bit implausible that someone would have his roommate's HIV meds in his bag of tricks! I would suggest you consult a local HIV specialist to further assess your actual degree of risk and whether PEP is warranted. As for your PEP kit, the dose of Kaletra (6 twice daily) is not correct! The dose should be 2 tablets twice daily with 1 Combivir twice daily.

HIV testing should be done immediately to ascertain your baseline status, particularly in light of your willingness to bareback. Follow-up testing is recommended at six weeks, three months and six months for those who take PEP.

OUR DEEP SYMPATHIES
Ozone Therapy