Testing Concern

OK Long story.... About 3 years ago, I started donating Plasma to a blood center. Over that time I donated around 10-12 times without any problems. In 09/05, they stated that one of my donations came back + for HIV. My last risky encounter had been 7-8 years earlier. I had donated a few times before without problems. That same day I went to a local health clinic and took the Rapid oral test and tested neg. I went to my doctor a week later and took a blood test (HIV-1 AB Screen w/Refl)that came back neg. as well. My doctor said there was nothing to worry about. Starting in July of this year I got a sinus infection that would not go away. Along with the sinus issue I have picked up several other medical problems. I have lost around 20 lbs, I became fatigued, severe joint pain, lost muscle mass in my arms and legs, hand numbness, enlarged glands all over, and blurred vision. I have been to the doctor several times with no answers. I tested twice again in Aug. for HIV and both came back neg. again. (Differnent Clinics) I have also tested for other things like Mono, Lyme Disease , allergy testing ect. but everything comes back normal. I have gone to a ENT, Neuro and a Rheu. for testing and referal and nothing has come up. The weight has come back but I am still having vision issues and off and on hand numbness, and minor sore joint isues. I am worried these issues are HIV related. Any other test or suggestions that I should look for???

You diagnosed your own problem when you wrote "I am worried these issues are HIV related." Your problem is "worry," not HIV! You've been to many physicians and no physical cause for your "vision issues" and "off and on numbness and minor sore joint issues" could be determined. You've had numerous HIV tests conclusively confirming you are HIV negative and that the "positive" test at the 09/05 blood bank was a "false positive." Consequently, what you need is not more tests, but rather psychological or psychiatric help in confronting your irrational and totally unwarranted fears of being HIV positive. Once you truly accept the wonderful news that you are HIV negative, your "symptoms" will magically disappear. Check out the archives, as there are many cases very similar to yours that you should find reassuring.

WOOOOOOO-HOOOOO
OUR DEEP SYMPATHIES