WOOOOOOO-HOOOOO

Dr. Bob, I just received negative results from an HIV blood test. I would like to thank you and your forum for helping to maintain my sanity as I anxiously awaited my results. I hope you can appreciate my honesty when I say that I'll probably never visit your site again. In fact, I'll most likely never even think about the HIV epidemic anymore. But, I want you to know that in the war on the epidemic you have a committed soldier that will undoubtedly refrain from unsafe sex for the rest of his life. I will be only a pon on the HIV chess board and I hope you can find some nobleness in my small contribution. It may not be monetary, or proactive support but in my mind it may prevent a single case or two of the newly diagnosed. I think you are incredibly brave in your fight and very patient with the ignorant masses who you answer repeated questions in your forum. Please be safe and live well. Before I forget about my experience I will say a quick prayer for advancement in technology that may lead to a cure. Sincerely, an unknown soldier

Hello Unknown Soldier,

While I'm delighted you tested HIV negative, I'm disappointed that you now "will most likely never even think about the HIV epidemic anymore." Rather than "forget about (your) experience," I would ask that you remember it and pay it forward. Why be an "unknown soldier" when what we need is committed voices telling the truth and educating the uninformed? If I had chosen to be like you, I would not have been here to help you "maintain (your) sanity as (you) anxiously awaited (your) results!" If you really appreciated my efforts on your behalf, I urge you to reconsider your decisions not to be a proactive supporter in the battle against HIV/AIDS!

Dentist Visit
Testing Concern