Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Contact with guy who is fingering himself
Feb 9, 2007

Hello Dr. Bob, I have asked this question once before, and I have checked the forum and don't see an exact answer. Can you help me please. A donation will follow for the wonderful work you do. I was at a gay gym and in the dry sauna. A guy came in and sat down and began to finger/rub himself in the anal region. I could not see how deeply he was probing. It didn't look very deep. I was sitting near to him. He grabbed at my penis through my towel -- and might have used the hand with which he had been fingering himself. He did briefly come in contact with the shaft of the penis. I moved further away and proceeded to self-masturbate to completion. Have I exposed myself to any risk from possible exposure to his bodily fluids from his anal region that might have been on his hands? I am very concerned about this and would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The HIV risk from the incident you describe is nonexistent. If HIV were that easy to contract, it would have wiped out not only all gay gyms, but the entire planet long ago. I see no cause for concern or even reason for HIV testing. I suggest you spend some time perusing the archives that deal with HIV transmission, paying particular attention to how HIV is and is not transmitted, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
inderminate WB test (INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT)
Next
Dentist Visit

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.