Fear for the worst....

Dr. Frascino, I've read so many of your response regarding Oral Sex and Transmission of HIV that I'm still curious if I am at risk. I am a positive HEP B carrier and I'm worried about my recent episode with a massage parlor girl of unknown status. I received oral sex from this female worker but had protected intercourse and I'm still worried about being HIV positive. Since my episode with the unknown female I've told myself over and over that I'll never do this again. I'm sure you've heard this from many people but I want to change my habits and live a long life. My doctor told me that I have nothing to worry about and my HEP B is in a state where I do not need treatment. 1) Do you think based on experience and common knowledge that I am infected? 2) I've already taken the step and had a full round of test with my doctor, STD, and HIV. I get my results next week Wed on Feb 14 and I'm worried. Can you help ease my stress or explain to me what category of risk I'm in based of the event. I promise I'll make a donation when I get my next check on the 15th of Feb to make a donation to the foundation. Normally every year I make at least a 500 dollar donation to the SF Aids Foundation. Thanks for your feedback and I really think your are a credit to this organization and many others out there like me.

1. Nope!

2. Sure. If the latex condom was used properly and did not fail, your risk from the "protected intercourse" would be virtually nonexistent. That leaves unprotected insertive oral sex, which carries an extremely small risk for HIV transmission.

I agree with your doctor: you really should not be worried! I'm quite confident your definitive HIV tests will be negative, OK?

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. (Yes, you are indeed well!) Stay well.

syphilis
inderminate WB test (INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT)