Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I get some Good-Luck Kharma??!?!?
Feb 9, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob, Hello Again! I wrote you back closer to the first of the year about my "sexual New-Year's Fling" with a man of unknown status...we spent about 30 minutes altogether...in the sheets...same condom was worn from start to finish...(I did not see if it broke or had a tear...but, the jerk said it was fine...who can believe him anyhow..lol...by the way...I haven't heard from him lately...not very comforting...but, oh well!)...I've been doing pretty well...trying NOT to worry or panic....I know you don't recommend testing before the 13th week...but, I broke down and tested Monday....the beginning of the 5th week....it was negative! (Hopefully with your good-luck kharma...it will stay that way!) Please...send your good luck to me! It seems to work for everyone...and I'd love to get it from you!!! I'm trying to stay positive...and busy....but, to be honest...it still creeps back in my mind...off and on...daily...if the condom did rip or tear...would we have known? Does the fact that he was rough...make a difference?...it was only oral (me giving him-with condom...and vaginal...with same condom...) I'm trying not to freak out...but, today's the 37th day...and I've got a pretty bad headache, 99.3-low grade fever....all day....and sore throat..and my whole right leg is sore-mucles almost tender...or so it feels. I realize it could just be something going around....but, the low-grade fever is what scares me..it seems like the perfect timing too...just after I tested negative to get the low-grade fever...and yes I'm being a but about ...checking it every 30 minutes or so...it's staying between 99.1-99.5.....I'm seeking mental help...to get me through my "hang-ups" and to get me to the 13th week....only 8 more weeks to go! Thanks for listening...and even more for replying! And thanks a million for your good luck kharma....if i get it! I appreciate all you do...This website has kept me sane....so far! LOL...Love ya Dr. Bob...Thanks for all you do!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Good-luck karma signed, sealed and sent with a kiss for extra good luck, OK? I remain confident you'll be WOO-HOOing at the three-month mark.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Follow up - cocain and testing
Next
syphilis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.