Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Uneducated Top
Feb 8, 2007

I know you heard this question many times and yes I've read the past forums for this question but my question has a different flare you might say. So i hooked up with a guy yesterday. I'm the bottom who has HIV and the guy was the top whose negative. We start having anal sex with a condom. For about 3-4 min after, he pulls out and takes out the condom and we just start making out. Then with no hint what so ever he puts his penis back inside me WITHOUT A CONDOM. I started to freak out and I told him to get out but yet he still tried to fuck me basically. I don't know why he is doing this because I told him about my status recently but yet he still wanted to have unprotected sex. I'm still freaking out about it and he whispers to my ear, "It's OK I'm clean" and "Whose it going to hurt? me or you?" When i heard that all i said was "it doesn't matter if your clean and its going to hurt both of us" So i got out of bed and put back my clothes cause i was totally turned off and he tired to put me back in the mood but that was just to stupid and scary all at the same time.

Sorry I've educated my self with HIV after finding out I have it and having someone do that just scared the living days out of me

My question to u is this, should he start doing that Prep thing (the treatment when someone is negative but has been exposed to HIV to take HIV medication to see if HIV doesn't effect them)even though he was in me for about 1-2min without a condom? I would be really nice for a response. Thanks for listening.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) would be warranted for unprotected insertive anal sex with a poz partner. However, your top gun seems to think he's invincible, so he may not elect to take the medications. "Uneducated" may be a bit too polite for this dimwit.

Dr. Bob

Previous
African HIV charities
Next
dealing with true weirdos

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.