When to get tested/broken condom

I had intercourse with a female sex worker, the first time I'd had sex in almost two years. Condom broke. I never ejaculated. I take so many antidepressants it's almost impossible. Sex worker said condom broke "outside" or between her thighs and not during vaginal intercourse.

So: What's my risk? Should I be tested? (this is an isolated incident of risky sex) When should I be tested?

(I'm hoping soon because I have a neurotic anxiety disorder and will probably go nuts)

If this is part of a non-profit, I'd be glad to make a donation.

Anxious in Arizona

Hello Anxious in Arizona,

No sex for two years and then when you do get lucky the condom breaks and you don't even get to pop your cork??? Jeeeeez, no wonder you are on antidepressants!

Your risk would of course be quite different if the condom broke "outside" (no HIV risk) versus "inside" the love canal. If you aren't sure, you should get tested. A single HIV test at the three-month mark is all that's needed. The odds are very much in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this unfortunate incident.

My nonprofit tax-exempt HIV/AIDS charitable foundation, The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, is not part of this Web site (TheBody.com). Additional information about my foundation can be found at www.concertedeffort.org.

What to expect
Quick Question