My Dr. at Kaiser is scaring me...

Hi Dr. Bob,

Greetings from the Wine Country... I hope this email finds you well.. you have answered two of my previous emails, and I hope this is the last of them for you to answer.

In the later part of July, 2006 my ex boyfriend and I had unprotected sex (vaginal & anal) for the last time. We had been together for over a year, when I discovered he had been sleeping with other women for over 6 months. I called him on it, and he admitted to it.. He also admitted to not always using protection. So I went and had 5, yes 5 HIV test's done out to 13 weeks and all were negative.. my doctor then made me take a Viral Load test at 15 weeks which was undetectable.. He then had me take one at 22 weeks and it was once again negative. He is now telling me that I need to take another one now that its 6 months..

I thought I could woooo hoooo.. why is he making me take all these tests.. I am recently engaged to the most wonderful guy in the world and want to move on, but this doctor is making me so scared and nervous.. is there really a need for another test..

Your advice is greatly needed...

Best wishes to you and Steve...

I see absolutely no need for another HIV test. However, there may well be a need for you to find a new doctor! Yell WOO-HOO with confidence, OK? I'll be listening from the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge for your full-throated yell of relief! OK?

+ partner has fear of infecting me
"crazed HIV-positive phlebotomist with excellent aim and technique" guy again, scared as hell