In the clear......

Hey Dr. Bob, just a quickie this time!

I recently recieved HIV results 6 months after my last possible exposure and they were negative. For the last 6 months i think its fair to say that i've been going off my nut so to speak with worry and stress. I have been suffering from 'symptoms' (one swollen gland in my neck for 16ish weeks and painful hands and feet) for quite some time now but this final test has finally put any residual fears i may have left to rest.

My one piece of advice for anyone who is going through a similar situation is "Don't underestimate the effect that stress can have on the body" because it appears to me that it is a powerful force!

I was just hoping for a "HIV is not your problem. No way. No how". From you Dr.Bob. While i've been going throught this experience i was also having my hepatitis B vaccinations and i'm assuming that this would not affect the results of my HIV test? (I've already read in the archives that it doesn't but i wanna hear it from you!)

Lastly i also want to let you know that my thoughts are with you with regards to your brothers passing. I can understand how you must be feeling having lost my stepfather to prostate cancer 3 years ago.

Thank you for everything! You can expect regular donations to your charity from me. Rosko.

Hello Rosko,

1. HIV is not your problem, Rosko! No way! No how!

2. Hepatitis B vaccinations will not affect the results of your HIV tests. Your negative results out to six months are definitive and conclusive.

3. Sorry to hear about the loss of your stepfather. If he is with my brother Pete, I can assure you they are having a marvelous time.

4. Thank you for your donations (www.concertedeffort.org).

5. WOO-HOO!

6. Rosko is a very cool name!

Be well. Stay well.

Please Doctor Bob, answer my question, I cant sleep
just wanted to tell you how i feel