Transexual exposure

Hi Dr Bob

First of all I applaud you in helping people answering question straight up. Your column is a necessity in this day and age. I am a heterosexual who like shemales. I had a first time insertive sexual experience on Dec 16, 2006 with a transexual prostitute I was the receiver, she used a condom and came inside me. To my knowledge the condom did not break. I did see her take it off. She did say "what a mess" afterwards and she kept telling me to douche when I got home? I got sick that day and a few days later noticed I got the chills. My asshole swelled up for a few days and was sore. I got flu like symptoms, headache chilled body temperature, night sweats and broke out in a small shingles like rash underneath my armpit area. I do have herpes and have had it for 16 years. I took Valtrex and it cleared it up. I had a ELISA test on Jan 3 2007 and it was negative. I was feeling alright for a week and then got sick again same symptoms and I had a breakout underneath my arm again which is now going away. Should I get a PCR test? When I called the transexual she said she was neg and quit freaking out but I don't trust anyone and I am wondering if some semen leaked out. I am also wondering if my ass got infected from the abuse and that is what made me sick? This is not for me I am convinced of that. I am freaking out, please help with comments. Thanks

If you got sick the day of or even a few days after your tranny-shag experience, HIV would not be the cause. It takes weeks, not hours or a few days, for HIV-related symptoms (acute retroviral syndrome) to become manifest. Certainly you could have contracted some other type of STD or experienced some discomfort associated with local trauma to that very delicate region of the body. If you are concerned that you may have exposed yourself to HIV, I suggest you get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. I do not recommend PCR testing for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false-positives, technical concerns and cost.

Good luck!

Had oral with women 90 day test Negative Dentist says I have thrush
terrified