Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Had oral with women 90 day test Negative Dentist says I have thrush
Feb 7, 2007

I had oral sex with a women giving and recieving. I broke out with canker soars in back of my throat 3 weeks after. Then loose stools and lost 12 lbs. I had night sweats, fever, extreme fatigue, thrush and headaches. I started developing numbness in hands and feet.. still have that. I had 6 weeks Elisia, 9 weeks PCR 50 coopies and 13 weeks Elisia Quick test blood draw all negative. I'm still haveing numbness in hands and feet especially at night and I went to the dentils today and he said I have a slight case of thrush. Can I be infected? Please answer. I'm married and need help.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your negative HIV tests out to 13 weeks are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how! I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can, with great certainty, tell you what's not causing them: it's not HIV!

My advice is to level with your wife (if you have not already done so) and follow up with your general medical doctor to evaluate the cause of your numbness and "slight case of thrush."

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Re: The Truth is not to be liked ... (your response)
Next
Transexual exposure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.